Friday, March 31, 2023

MY PRABHUPADA

Who is My Prabhupada?

A star with so many smiles, the most heart melting smiles ever, and even a sweet missing front tooth? A great mystic who walked without touching the ground? 

A short man with the stature of a giant?

An aristocratic elderly gentleman?



OR... 

Are ALL these descriptions too mundane to describe the saviour of the whole world? the special envoy of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the faithful dedicated son of an illustrious Lion Guru, Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakur? 

Is my relationship with my guru shallow? do I revert to sentimentalism being unable to fulfil his desires for me? What exactly did he want from me, from all of us? Above the big temple constructions, above the establishment of schools, farm communities, above the distribution of transcendental literature. These were engagements to spread the mission of Lord Caitanya and they were also engagements for us so we don't become bored. What did he actually expect from us internally to please him the most. 

 

He wanted us to learn to love Krishna, above all. 

Our smiles, or tears will never repay our debt. We reciprocate his love by serving his mission.

More next time, as I slowly and happily take one step at a time towards Radha and Krishna's Love and pray for the mercy of the vaisnavas without whose mercy I am lost.

Begging to remain the servant of your servants
.


No comments: