Friday, January 21, 2022

EMBRACING OUR INSIGNIFICANCE


I bow my head with folded hands, I sign off "your humble servant" but inside my heart, there is no humility. 

It is lip deep only... for now. It is a good beginning, there is a need to start somewhere. We start with words, with externals, create a space for the real humility to manifest. 

One saintly Radhakund Baba was explaining why he wears many Tulsi malas around his neck... "it is heavy, I am forced to keep my head down a bit. This is the way to live in Vraj, always looking down, offering respects to all." It is in this way that we can chant the holy name constantly. 


Trinad api sunicena... "Su-nicena" very much lower, and what is lower? Only the earth.  When you step on the earth, it stays down. The grass will rise again after you take your foot away but the earth will stay down. Su-nicena, lower than the grass, that is our position. In this way we can chant the holy name constantly. 

We need to accept our position  fully. She does better seva... may be it is true, be happy for her and just accept your insignificance.  I am insignificant so are my offerings, it is the best I can do. I pray that it makes Krishna smile as I am calling on His promise in Bhagavad Gita 9.22

ananyas cintayanto mam
ye janah paryupasate
tesam nityabhiyuktanam
yoga-ksemam vahamy aham

But those who worship Me with devotion, meditating on My transcendental form, to them I carry what they lack and preserve what they have.

Once we embrace our insignificance, once we practice humility, we open a treasure chest, the blessings to chant constantly,  Kirtaniya sada harih.  
It is the means to attain our goal to serve along side Radha's manjaris.  It is also our goal as chanting is our eternal activity, our sadhiya. 


Kirtaniya sada harih, 
gopi-bhartuh pada-kamalayor dasa-dasanu-dasah

More next time, as I slowly and happily take one step at a time towards Radha and Krishna's Love and pray for the mercy of the vaisnavas without whose mercy I am lost.

Begging to remain the servant of your servants
.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

very beautiful and inspiring. thank you, yashomati mataji.