Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Seva in the Dham

I never know what to expect from a day in Mayapur. I have my schedule, my duties, my wishes, desires, anarthas etc but Krishna takes charge. His house, His rules, His mercy.

Every day I ask Sri Radha to engage me in Her service so that little by little my heart can become cleansed and I can make room for true Love of God to grow there. Chanting the maha manthra is merely pleading for seva: Krishna seva, vaisnava seva, "O energy of the Lord please engage me in devotional service".


Hare Krishna
Hare Krishna
Krishna Krishna
Hare Hare
Hare Rama
Hare Rama
Rama Rama
Hare Hare

There is good reason to rejoice when service opportunities manifest. "Radha heard my prayer, and I, most importantly, heard Her answer". I have no doubt that Sri Radha hears my plea, it is my hearing her response that I have to pray for. All glories to devotional service."Dear Srimate Radharani, please engage me in your service so that I may one day learn to love Krishna." A devotee is "empty" without service; it is the most unfortunate thing that can happen. I pray that I may never be without service to the vaisnavas and Krishna.

After praying in this way today, a very dear friend asked me to help her with accessing and transcribing a few select classes. What an enjoyable service this will be: having to relish word by word, from comma to comma, one syllable, one letter at a time, the nectar spoken by the vaisnavas as part of a greater effort to glorify a recently departed pure devotee. I love this life Krishna is giving me, I love being His puppet, letting Him take charge while living in His own abode, this place created by Radha's play, Nava Vrndaban, Nava Dwipa.

I celebrate my growing dependence on Krishna and pray that I may never again be tricked by maya to desire or seek another shelter.

More next time.
Happily and slowly taking one step at a time towards Radha and Krishna's Love

your ever servant of the servants


1 comment:

Unknown said...

beautiful. thank you.