Sunday, September 5, 2010

Janmastami



I thought yesterday was a Surrender Day, today I feel sicker, more rest, more fasting.


I managed to be at the temple from early till after noon artik but could only be half present. I usually enjoy watching Krishna receive his samskaras as the devotees take Krishna through all of them systematically, from jata karma to diksha.


This year was special as they also did a play of the same, simultaneously. It was a bit hard to follow as the sound was a little confusing, so many things at once, kirtan, manthras, play.... All wa meant for Krishna's pleasure. Krishna doesn't get confused easily. I am certain he enjoyed the offerings: kirtan, manthras, yajna, play, all of it.


I spent the rest of the day at home resting, chanting. It is hard to accept sleep as your service when there is so much you could be doing.


I managed to take darshan at midnight artik by the mercy of a neighbour who also shared some boiled potatoes and some magic pills to help me get my body back in shape. Her internet connection was not very good but by refreshing, I was able to see Choto Madhava and Radha Madhava Asta Sakhi. We had no success viewing the abhiseka which I am sure was amazing, there were some 285 devotees online watching! ...I was not one of them this time.


Happy Birthday Krishna.

Today I am not well but tomorrow is another day, I will write more then.
Happily and slowly taking one step at a time towards Radha and Krishna's Love


your ever servant of the servants

No comments: