Sunday, September 19, 2010

Adyatmika - Adibhautika - Adidaivika

September 18th 2010

Adyatmika - Adibhautika - Adidaivika

As long as we are conditioned in this material body these miseries will follow. Krishna’s body is sat-chit-ananda, eternity, knowledge and bliss, no suffering. At this point we are conditioned souls subjected to material miseries. Krishna kindly reminds us of our current position in hope we will strive for our original identity..

The demigods sent rain, it was required for crops, there has been little rain this monsoon. The roads become very slippery, the weather is too hot, too humid, the conditioned soul suffers. These are blessings from the demigods, adidaivika. In this way we can be reminded that this material world is not our eternal home, we don’t belong here. Our real identity is sat-chit-ananda, just like Krishna’s ,just smaller, very much smaller, one tenth thousand the size of the tip of a hair. This sat-chit-ananda is the norm, not what we are experiencing. Happiness in the material world is compared to a drowning person who manages to catch a single breath, that breath feels like enjoyment, this is material enjoyment.

Other living entities also take part in this ploy to destroy our attachment to this body in spite of its imperfection. On the way to mangal artik, I choose to walk in the grass to avoid the slippery clay covered road. I still think I can enjoy, or at least avoid misery. As I slowly walk on the wet grass, I woke up countless mosquitoes, resting there. It was only after I reached the temple that I realized what had happened. My ankles were covered with itching bites cause by adibhautika (miseries caused by other living entities), again I failed to taste ananda.

At least so far the body, my own body is cooperating, no adyatmika in sight, or is there? I forgot momentarily that my ankles are swollen and that I am somehow growing an infection in a toe and a rash on my neck... Did I already forget the stomach problems I had during Janmastami celebrations? There is no such thing as ananda in this material body. Therefore today, I want to blissfully and ecstatically wish everyone to “Die Well”. We always seem to focus on living a good life, enjoying life. What is the point, we are out-numbered, us against adibhautika, adyatmika, adidaivika, even the atma turns against us with miseries of the body and mind. Even if you were to somehow attain ananda, sat is not part of this world. it is a temporary place.

May you blissfully live, to die well.

I was thinking about someone who has been sick lately, thinking of how to pray to Nrsinhadev for him, I usually leave it up to Nrsingha deva with a prayer saying something like “Please take good care of...” But then I thought that in the future I could ask Nrsingha deva to please always protect him/her from a meaningless, unfortunate, sad death. “May he/she be immersed in Krishna Consciousness at the time of death.” I want that blessing. Somehow to remember who I am eternally and embrace my reunion with my Lord and His consort. May we all die gloriously… Gloriously… GLORIOUSLY, fully immersed in Krishna consciousness, wherever it may be, fully in the presence of our Lord and Master. I pray that Krishna makes the necessary arrangements so that at that crucial moment we see Him face to face, out of His causeless mercy upon desperately trying conditioned souls.

Today would be the birthday of Grahila prabhu who died such a death last March in Mayapur, Krishna made all the arrangements, he was surrounded with devotees reading Krishna lila with him. Jananivas prabhu said in his class that morning that his breathing was hurried at mangal artik as if he had to hurry to take his allotted number of breaths before time came to go herd the cows with Krishna. A calf will be named after him in the morning. The community supported him in his death and now carry on the memory of the devotees as one who died gloriously…

Yes, a brilliant exit is within our reach. Hari Hari Bol!

More next time.

Happily and slowly taking one step at a time towards Radha and Krishna's Love.

your ever servant of the servants

No comments: