Tuesday, March 20, 2012

BIRTHDAY - DEATHDAY

A birthday is like a remembrance ceremony, but it repeats every year bringing you closer to the eventual thirobhav.

Every one gathers thinking of you that one day, one moment and wishes you well. Some may send you blessings. Even those who don't quite know you send you greetings just like they will likely attend your smriti smaranam, if they are available... wanting to hear more about you to get to know you.


Recently I have attended remembrance ceremonies for the departed vaisnavas, I always wonder "where was I? why didn't I get to know this wonderful person while he/she was alive? and I lament at my misfortune, my loss of opportunity for association.

Praying to recognize the greatness of others while they live side by side with this insignificant soul.


One step at a time, walking towards Radha Krishna's service and love,
your servant, gopi-bhartuh pada-kamalayor dasa-dasanu-dasah

No comments: