Thursday, September 2, 2010

Travelling across 12 time zones

My flight was very direct, I was lucky or should I say Krishna takes good care of me.

The best flight I could get had one stop over in UK, for 4 hours, that sounded good as I would get to meet other members of the team who I only know through email and occasional quick glances on broadcasts. Even communication through email has been very enlivening, I was looking forward to that meeting, Krishna had other plans. My departing flight was delayed 2 and half hours, leaving me just enough time to make my connection... ah well Antardwip prabhu, Vince prabhu and Chudamani mataji will have to come to Mayapur to meet me.


My flight left at 11:00pm local time, bedtime. I sat comfortably (?) or as comfortably as I could with my oversize body in the small chair, pulled out my ipod, and tuned in to Madhava's kirtan. Such a meditation on the holy name! Ever since the Birmingham 24 hr kirtan, I can't get enough of this SOUND vibration; after almost 40 years of chanting the holy name, it fostered a new appreciation for hearing as though it is opening my heart to the Name's beauty and magnetic power. I can listen to it for hours on end, and I did, while I drifted in and out of sleep and rested.



The airplane sounds were too loud to listen to the favorite classes I had selected for the journey, Sankarsan Nitai class from July and Aindra prabhu special Salagram worship instructions (a gift from Sanat Vasudev prabhu, a MTV associate).


Class by Sankarsana Nitai, July 23rd 2010

Between sleep and changing airplanes I followed the same pattern, same kirtan melting my stone like heart, while I rest and prepare to be back in Sri Dham Mayapur, my place of seva.

When I arrived in Kolkata I was WELCOMED with flowers and gift from our internet family. While I had not expected such a reception, I was not surprised as this is the mood of our internet community.

More next time on my first few days in Sridham Mayapur.

Happily and slowly taking one step at a time towards Radha and Krishna's Love,

your Mayapur TV servant

No comments: